What is Singular and how does it work?
Singular is an NFT 2.0 marketplace that allows users to buy, sell, and trade both regular and advanced NFTs. Users can create and/or connect a wallet, browse digital items, and securely conduct transactions using blockchain technology.
What are NFTs and why are they valuable?
NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) are unique digital items that represent ownership of a specific item or piece of content. They are valuable because they provide proof of ownership, scarcity, and authenticity. NFTs can represent anything from digital art to virtual real estate, and their value can increase based on demand and perceived importance.
What is the difference between NFT 1.0 and NFT 2.0?
NFT 1.0 represents the first generation of NFTs that primarily focus on single digital items. NFT 2.0 expands on this concept by offering advanced features such as:
- Multi-Asset NFTs: These NFTs can hold multiple assets within one token, offering more value and versatility.
- Nestable NFTs: These NFTs can own and be owned by other NFTs, creating complex hierarchies and relationships.
- Equippable NFTs: These NFTs can interact with other NFTs based on specified rules, enabling unique combinations and interactions.
- Soulbound NFTs: These NFTs can be bound to another NFT or an account. This means that the NFT cannot be traded or sent to another user.
These innovations provide greater utility and creative possibilities for creators and users, making NFTs more adaptable and functional across various applications and industries.
What types of digital items can I find on Singular?
On Singular, you can find a wide range of digital items, including art, collectibles, gaming items, virtual real estate, and more. These assets can be basic NFTs or advanced NFT 2.0 tokens, such as Multi-Asset, Equippable, Soulbound, or Nested NFTs.
How do I create and mint NFTs on Singular?
To create and mint NFTs on Singular, follow these steps:
- Connect your wallet (create one if you don't have one).
- Click the "Create" button at the top right of the screen.
- Create a collection, select the network and NFT type.
- Upload your NFT asset, fill in the metadata, and click "Create."
- Sign the necessary transactions using your connected wallet to complete the minting process.
How do I buy, sell, or trade NFTs on Singular?
To buy, sell, or trade NFTs on Singular, you first need to connect a compatible cryptocurrency wallet. Then browse the marketplace to find the NFTs you're interested in, and follow the prompts to complete your transaction.
To sell, list your NFTs for sale on the platform and set your desired price or auction terms.
What are the fees associated with using Singular?
- Minting fee - At present, there is no minting fee as an early-adopter benefit, but this will change in the future. The minting fee is applied when creating NFTs.
- Service fee - A 3.5% fee in native currency (token of the chain you are using) or 1.95% if using xcRMRK. This fee accompanies every sale transaction on Singular.
- GBM auction fee - A 2% fee is applied when using the GBM auction feature for listing and selling NFTs.
What payment methods are accepted on
Singular accepts cryptocurrency payments facilitated by cryptocurrency wallets. The supported cryptocurrencies depend on the network the user is connected to. Currently, Singular accepts GLMR
for buying and selling NFTs, as it is deployed on the Moonbeam Network. As new networks are added, the native cryptocurrencies or tokens of those networks will also become available for use on Singular. Follow us on Twitter
to be notified when new tokens are available.
What is the GBM auction?
The GBM auction is a novel auction model that introduces an incentivized bidding system, allowing bidders to receive financial compensation when they are outbid. This means that participants in a GBM auction either win the auction or leave with more money than they started with. Learn more here
How do I create an account on Singular?
Because Singular is a Web3 product, there are no accounts. Instead, to use Singular, you need a cryptocurrency wallet like Metamask, Talisman, or similar.
What wallets are supported on Singular?
Singular currently supports Talisman, WalletConnect, and MetaMask wallets for connecting, minting, and trading NFTs. The Singular team is actively working on integrating more wallet options in the future to provide users with a broader range of choices for a seamless experience on the platform.
What cryptocurrencies can I use to buy and sell NFTs on Singular?
Singular accepts various cryptocurrencies for buying and selling NFTs, depending on the network you are using. Currently, Singular is available on Moonbeam, which allows users to utilize GLMR and xcRMRK tokens.
Can I use my NFTs from Singular in other platforms, games, or metaverse environments?
All NFTs on Singular are designed to be cross-platform compatible, meaning they can be used in various platforms, games, or metaverse environments. This is because they are created on RMRK’s versatile and forward-compatible NFT standards.
What is a verified collection?
A verified collection is one that the RMRK team has meticulously evaluated for its uniqueness and exclusivity to our platform. Although verification provides an elevated level of trust, it does not equate to an absolute guarantee of trustworthiness.
How do I get curated / featured on the home page?
The RMRK team curates collections using a democratic system, where each team member has a vote. To be up for consideration, a collection should meet the following requirements:
- The collection is verified
- The collection features a banner
- The artist has their identity set up
- The artist actively participates in the RMRK protocol
- The artist holds a positive balance of RMRK tokens
- There's an active community growing around the artist or the collection
The team is working on a more community-driven curation process for the future.
How do I report bugs or suggest features?
To report bugs use the bug-shaped button at the footer of your Singular page. This will pull up a ‘Share Feedback’ button at the bottom of the screen. Click this button and report your bug.
To suggest feature requests, go to our Canny page
to do so.
What does it mean to ‘lock’ a collection?
By locking a collection, you are setting the maximum number of NFTs in that collection to its current size, preventing any more NFTs from being minted. This is only applicable to unlimited collections and limited collections that have not yet reached their maximum supply limit.
What is the ‘Inspect’ button on NFTs?
When you hit the "Inspect" button, it takes you to a page on the Crust network where you can see the locations of different servers (called "nodes") that are currently storing this IPFS hash, a unique identifier for your NFT. This shows you how widely accessible your NFT is to the public. On the same page, you can also click on "Open file" to download your NFT's media file in its original quality.
How do I mass-mint?
Right now, the only way to mass mint is through code. However, we are building a user interface to make this feature available to everyone.
I made a mistake in my collection's information, can I edit it?
No, it is not possible to edit an NFT or collection's information once registered on-chain. Please be careful when minting.
What is the $RMRK token?